Analytics to Action: Be a marketing data super hero!
I recently presented to a wonderful group of individuals at the Santa Cruz Non-Profit MarcCom Meetup I am helping Jenny Kurweil start locally. My presentation's focus was on marketing data, how to sort through the mountain of information out there and take actions on email, social and web.
My intent was to remind people to focus on goals. Conveying how our marketing and communications work is adding value to our organization's goals and ultimately mission is KEY. We should strive to measure these efforts as consistently as possible to make better marcom choices.
Hope you enjoy the SUPER HERO theme=)
- A PDF version with slides and space for notes for you to download and dig into
- Slide Share version of the presentation (featured above & social friendly!)
Google Analytics Non-Profit Dashboard
A template of the Non-Profit Dashboard I created for web metrics tracked in my dashboard, PLUS some extras including key words, top pages and landing pages
- Template for your Google Analytics.
- Log into GA first, then go to the template link. Takes a few minutes to load.
- Here are resources for setting up your Web Page Goals.
- I'll also be looking into Google Campaigns, mentioned by Luis Chabolla.
Digital Marketing Dashboard (Excel)
This downloadable excel dashboard template (.xls) may be customized for your organization.
I adapted this dash from an awesome post I found on Occam's Razor, a stellar analytics and measurement blog by Avinash Kaushik. If someone asks where you got your super dashboard it would be great to pay it forward by mentioning my site and Occam's Razor.
For the Data Lovers
When you need your data fix, here are the go to resources I like!
- The one and only Beth Kanter for non-profits, social media, measurement and MUCH more! I love her down to earth and fun approach to these topics.
- Beth's book, Measuring the Networked Non-profit -- which I have yet to finish but have enjoyed so far. Hope to get more reading time when the little one is older BUT I have heard rave reviews!
- Occam's Razor by Google co-founder Avanish Kaushik
- Mail Chimp Data Blog, email data in an easy to read style
- Story telling with data, a great blog I found about making charts EASY to interpret
What other tools should I add? Leave a comment and I will add your data favs too.